Guys, my beach bag has never been this amazingly stocked before. Seriously, these products are making me EVEN MORE excited for Summer (which I didn’t think was possible). I’ve partnered up with Shoppers Drug Mart to bring you the best of the best when it comes to summer skincare. The best part? I get to give one lucky reader a $100 beautyBOUTIQUE by Shoppers Drug Mart gift card so you can discover your own summer skincare favs!
I know as Canadians we can’t wait to get outside and bask in the sun all day because our summers are SO short, but it’s bad for your skin. It’s therefore super important to make sure you use high quality products to keep you protected. You’re older self will thank you. Sun spots and wrinkles are the REAL deal people! And when you reach 30 it’s something you learn pretty quickly. I cringe at all of the unprotected tanning I did as a teen and all of the burns I ended up with. I’m sure many of you can relate.
Check out all of the details on these incredible products below and be sure to follow along on social media so you don’t miss out on the contest!
1. Exclusive to Shoppers Drug Mart, these Clinique Mineral Sunscreens are my new favs! There’s a lotion for face with SPF 50 and one for body with SPF 30. I love having a stronger SPF for my face and a little lower on my body so I still get a little colour. I also love that they literally have no smell. If you’re not a fan of the sunscreen scent these are definitely for you. They also feel nice and lightweight on the skin.
2. Next up is the La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral Ultra Fluid Lotion SPF 60 for Face. The key for this one is the matte finish. There’s nothing worse than that greasy feeling after applying sunscreen to your face, which normally results in a breakout. I love that this sunscreen feels like you have nothing on when you apply it. It makes for a great makeup base!
3. This Shiseido WetForce BB SPF 50+ for Face is a complete game changer. It’s the product I always wish existed and now it does. It’s a tinted BB cream with SPF 50 so you’re fully protected from the sun and your skin can look flawless all at the same time! I hate having to apply foundation over my sunscreen so this kills two birds with one stone. It’s long-lasting and lightweight and available in 3 shades. It also features WetForce Technology and the UV protection veil becomes more effective when the applied area is exposed to water or perspiration for 30 minutes. It’s recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation for active use, non-comedogenic and will not lead to breakouts from clogged pores.
4. St Tropez One Night Only Wash Off Face & Body Lotion is my personal fav. I have a bit of a self-tanner obsession so I was super excited to try this one out. It gives a streak-free face and body natural tan that lasts for up to 24 hours, with no transfer. It also washes off with soap and water so if you like the tan without the commitment this one is for you. It’s available in light/medium or medium/dark. You can also purchase the St. Tropez Prep & Maintain Tan Applicator Mitt to make sure your application is even and streak-free every time.
5. I’ve been on a real primer kick lately so I could not wait to try this new Smashbox Photo Finish Radiance Foundation Primer. The moisturizing primer cream gives you an instant magic-hour glow. It illuminates, perfects and enhances radiance while hydrating for better makeup application. The best part is the micro-fine amber and bronze pearls that create a warm, dewy glow.
6. I can’t get over how much I love this new Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil. Pretty much all of the lip products I use are pink, but this one stole my heart. It is a pure plant oil formula—with a blend of mirabelle plum, jojoba and hazelnut oils— that instantly soothes and nourishes lips while forming a protective layer of transparent colour to help lock in moisture for deep hydration. The shade pictured is Shade 07 Honey Glam that provides a shimmering result. When I think of a summer lip gloss this is exactly what I imagine. It’s perfection.
All of these products are available at Shoppers Drug Mart and beautyboutique.ca.
Thanks to Shoppers Drug Mart for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
All of the Little Mermaid vibes right now!
When Garnier asked me to part of their most recent collab and dye my hair bright copper red, I was super excited and incredibly nervous. I had never dyed my hair this bold of a colour before and I wasn’t sure how it was going to look on me. I was presently surprised by how much I LOVED it! It was such a fun change. I love how vibrant the colour turned out!
I’m slowly making my way back to blonde and I’m already missing the red. I’d like to go back to this colour again one day for sure! I have to be blonde for a little while and then I want to do pink! I’ve never done pink hair before and I have always wanted to do it. Now that I’ve gone this bold I feel like I could do any colour. Is there a colour you’ve always wanted a try? My goal in 2017 was to break out of my comfort zone and try new things. This was definitely a great start!
This week’s Pink Mail Bag post is equal parts beautiful & delicious! There’s some beauty products, some yummy treats & beverages to boot. I’m even starting to receive holiday gift sets and I couldn’t be more excited to dive into holiday posting. There’s really nothing more exciting for a beauty lover than a limited-edition holiday gift set.
Check out the details below and let me know if there’s any items you’ve tried yet or are wanting to try.
I only need one word to describe this new L’Occitane skincare collection below and that word is “DIVINE”. It makes my skin feel so luxurious when I put it on. I love the design of the bottle and the scent is so delicious.
The serum is an ultra-concentrated formula with 5,000 micro drops of active ingredients in a water based gel. The cream is a rich, cool texture that transforms into a light oil to revive radiance, smooth expression lines and rebalance facial volume. Both are designed to make your skin brighter and more luminous, while reducing the appearance of wrinkles. I’ve been using it for a month now and I can’t get enough!
More details on the new L’Occitane Harmonie Divine skincare collection HERE.
This super fun delivery was dropped on my doorstep to celebrate La Rocca’s 30 birthday and we have to talk about this cake. It’s their special anniversary greatest hits cake and it includes red velvet cake, cream cheese frosting, crunchy almond meringue, white chocolate truffle, chocolate truffle and chocolate sponge cake. The cream cheese frosting on top was the best I’ve ever had. Happy Birthday La Rocca!
One of my favourite things to test out is a new mascara. I love discovering new favs and this one below definitely falls into that category. It’s from Clinique and it’s their new Lash Power Flutter-to-Full Mascara. It’s unlike any mascara I’ve seen before because it actually lets you choose how much or how little mascara you’d like on the wand. You twist the barrel to create a custom lash look. Maybe you want a more natural look for during the day and then something more dramatic at night. Instead of using two separate mascaras, you only need one.
So how does it perform? I LOVE it. Too be honest, I always like my lashes at 100% so I don’t see myself ever using the dialed down option for my top lashes, but I did love the dialed down option for my lower lashes. The brush is great and defines lashes really well. It definitely gives me that false lashes look that I always aim for. This is definitely a mascara I would re-buy after it’s done.
The Benefit Cosmetics Christmas Sets have arrived and they are everything your Christmas beauty dreams are made of. Check out the cuteness below. I can’t imagine any girl who wouldn’t be happy to have these under the tree. They are so stickin’ cute! If you’re looking for a surefire way to win Secret Santa this year, this is it. They range from $34 to $59 (totally do-able!).
Loving this cute new Sugar Rush collection from Teeze Cosmetics below. The colours are perfect for fall and winter and there’s a ton of shades to choose from. These eye shadow pods are my fav. I also like how skinny the brush of the eyeliner is. If you have issues applying liquid eyeliner, this is a good option.
La Vie En Rose recently sent over these two new bras below. I’ve been a longtime wearer of La Vie En Rose bras because I find them comfier than other brands. The black one is the new Intense Plunge Push Up Bra. It’s a gel push-up designed for extra lift and cleavage. The nude one is the new Sleekback Lightly Lined Bra. The wider straps and sleek material make this a great option for tighter tops so you don’t get any weird lines or bulges.
If you’re a fan of natural eye palettes, brace yourself for what’s next. This new Smashbox Matte Exposure Palette is EVERYTHING. I never wear eyeshadow during the day. Basically, only if I’m going out at night or doing a photoshoot. But, this palette has changed that. It’s so easy to create beautiful, barely there looks. I love the easy to use double-sided brush and the matte shades blend so nicely to create daytime looks that look really natural. This palette has definitely changed my opinion of daytime eyeshadow.
Loving this new Mascara lineup from Smashbox as well. The Photo Finish Lash Primer is a must. I always find my lashes look longer and my mascara holds up better when I use a primer. These X-Rated mascaras are great if you like a lighter bristle (similar to Diorshow). They create a feathered lash look. I really liked using all 3 together.
So many new Avon products recently, I don’t even know where to begin! Check out this lineup below. So many great skincare options and fragrances. Do you have any Avon products that you swear by? Mine is their Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion. I’ve been using it for years. I’ve tried other makeup removers and none compare to this one. It’s so gentle and non-irritating but completely removes any eye product so easily. It’s nice and creamy too so it doesn’t dry out your eyes. All the women in my family use it and we all swear by it. Plus, it’s only $6.00 so I buy it by the boatload haha.
Any day that David’s Tea lands on your doorstep is a good day. The below gift set is just one of the many great gift sets that David’s Tea offers. And who wouldn’t want David’s Tea as a gift? Have you tried Buddha’s Blend? It’s one of my go-to’s. I also love the nordic mug in the weave pattern. So many cozy vibes. You can check out more gift sets HERE.
If you saw my post about a month or two ago, you know that I’ve been testing out the new Philips SatinShave Prestige Wet & Dry Electric Shaver. I was a little skeptical at first, because I’ve never used an electric shaver before. But, it’s so stinkin’ cute I was willing to give it a spin.
I have to admit, I absolutely love it! Here are my top reasons why:
CONVENIENT TO USE:
I like the fact that I can take it anywhere with me and I don’t need water or shaving cream to use it. When I use it on my dry skin it leaves no irritation. This gives me the freedom to do my shaving wherever/whenever I want. Have you ever had that embarrassing moment when you shave in your shower or using the light in your bathroom and the second you get outside in the natural light you notice all of the spots you missed shaving? I hate that! I like that I can now shave right next to a window near natural light to ensure I’m not missing any spots. Also, maneuvering around your ankle or knee is a breeze. I always get nervous with a real razor when I’m shaving around those delicate areas. I’ve nicked myself so many times. I like that this electric shaver is designed to not cut or irritate your skin. Major bonus! The shaver features soft-touch comfort cusions, rounded pearl tip trimmers and safety bars to protect the skin from irritation. The slim “S” shape design handle also allows for maximum control and precise movements.
I love that the shaver is so pretty it can be displayed on my vanity at all times and it looks so cute. I also love the little pink details. The shaver comes with a waterproof bag, bikini trimmer head, comb, efficiency cap, travel cap, charger and a holder.
If you haven’t noticed, razors are REALLY expensive! I like the idea that I can use this shaver over and over again without having to spend a fortune on disposables and razor replacements. For a one time payment of under $100 ($89.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart), I’ll have this shaver for a very very long time.
OVERALL: Overall I would recommend this shaver to anyone annoyed with how expensive razors are or anyone who hates razor burn. I’ve tested it out for a few months now and I’ve read so many positive reviews online. I’m definitely not the only one who’s in love with this product.
Are the results as smooth as a regular razor? Not exactly. I’d say it’s about 98%. That ultra smooth feeling you get with a razor stems from the fact that they basically take off a layer of skin and that’s where that super smooth feeling comes from. It can be very drying and irritating for your skin. But, if you use the electric shaver and come at the hair from a variety of angles you’ll get a really close shave. I also like using some hair conditioner in replace of shaving cream because it allows for a closer shave and I find it more moisturizing. My favourite part of this electric shaver is definitely being able to shave on my way out the door on dry skin when I’m in a rush. No more razor burn and no more missed spots!
Special thanks to Philips for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.