There were so many great red carpet moments during this year’s TIFF and we couldn’t wait to highlight three of our favourite beauty looks. Amanda Seyfried, Kate Bosworth and Cara Delevingne all had standout looks that we can’t wait to recreate.
1. Amanda Seyfriend: This braid is everything. Plus, her makeup is flawless. We’ll definitely be trying this look and the best part is, although the hair may look complicated it’s actually pretty easy to master. Part hair slightly to the side, leave some hair at the back outside of the braids. Start with one side and french braid to the back. Then, do the same on the other side. Create a bun with the leftover ends. To really nail this look, add some clip-in extensions to help you get a sufficient amount of hair in both areas of the hair style.
2. Kate Bosworth: We love this sleek style on Kate. It’s such a unique style and we hope we’re able to recreate this look, but it looks a little tricky. Try slicking hair back to a smooth low pony. Keep two small sections out at your ears. Tightly twist each side and secure in the centre with a clear elastic. Take out the low pony and voila!
3. Cara Delevingne: There’s a reason she’s the hottest model in the world right now. Check out that gaze! We can’t wait to recreate this sexy siren look with a smokey eye, red pout and using some old-fashion hair rollers to achieve this tousled hair look. Loving this green dress on her as well!
Are you loving these looks as much as we are?
Lauren Conrad has a new husband and the rest of us have new Pinterest material for the next year. Lauren and hubby William Tell tied the knot this past Saturday and as predicted, Lauren looked absolutely beautiful in a lace Badgley Mischka gown.
The intimate ceremony took place along the coast in California. Commenting on her one-of-a-kind Badgley Mischka dress, Lauren Conrad stated, “I was so thrilled to have Mark and James work on my dress. Not only have I been a longtime fan of their designs and aesthetic, they are also the nicest guys. They were so sweet and made the process really enjoyable.”
Check out the pictures below and you can see more details in this week’s issue of US Weekly.
Fall weather has officially arrived and we’ve been on the hunt for some fun and easy ways to add some fall to our home decor. We’ll be honest, some fall decor we find a little bit tacky. So, we’ve decided to highlight some decor ideas that are subtle but will still put you in the mood for the fall season of changing leaves, thanksgiving and halloween. Check out our top ideas below.
1. Fall Print – If you have a photo gallery wall, try switching up some of the photos based on each season. We love THIS “Hello Fall” print.
2. Sparkly Leaves – Leaves can make for some beautiful decor options. We love these sparkly options. To create, simply purchase some faux leaves, use a paint brush to cover in glue and sprinkle with a selection of fall-coloured glitter.
3. Give Thanks Tags – These “Give Thanks” tags are a cute alternative to a wreath.
4. Changing Leaves Centerpiece – Craft and decor stores are full with faux fall leave branches right now and this vase full of leaves it a great way to add a pop of colour to your table.
5. Pumpkins on Pedestals – We love this idea of adding some sparkly pumpkins on pedestals to add some height and sparkle to your decor. Homesense has a large selection of glittery pumpkins right now.
6. Tulle Lanterns – We love the chic effect that tulle can add to your home decor, either tied around a lantern or turned into a wreath.
7. Fancy Urns – Adding one or two urns on your front porch with a variety of fall florals can really amp up your front entry way.
8. Hydrangea Wreath – Check out this easy DIY for a pretty hydrangea wreath. Michael’s has a great selection of hydrangeas in fall colours this time of year.
9. White Pumpkins – Instead of the regular orange pumpkins, opt for the white version or simply paint pumpkins with some white paint. The white pumpkins are easier to incorporate into your existing home decor.
Another year of the Toronto International Film Festival has come and gone and it seems like each year just gets better and better. TIFF has become home to the biggest celebrities in the world and a ton of incredible movies. It’s also the week where Toronto really comes alive and if you had a chance to see any movies or attend any parties, it really is the best time of year to live in Toronto.
I’ve listed some of this year’s highlights below and would love to hear about any of your TIFF experiences below!
There were definitely many fashion highlights on this year’s red carpets and many beauty looks I’ll be trying to recreate. Stay tuned for beauty highlights coming later in the week! Which look was your favourite?
Which of these leading men were you most excited to see at TIFF this year? We love the way newcomer Ansel Elgort mixed things up with a coloured blazer and patterned shirt. Which of these looks do you like the best?
SWAG lounges are a big trend during TIFF and we had the chance to visit the Essentials Lounge with EGPR. Brands included Calvin Klein Underwear, Balzac’s Coffee, Rockport, Micro-Pedi (my new must-have product), Schwarzkopf, SkinCeuticals, the adorable tarte Cosmetics, The Good Press (my favourite healthy juice in the world), and Winks lashes & eyebrow bar.
I only made it to one movie this year, but there are so many I am dying to see! I saw 99 Homes with Andrew Garfield, Michael Shannon and Laura Dern. The movie is an intense drama surrounding the US financial crash and housing-market meltdown and the dirty business surrounding foreclosure on homes. It was a great movie and if you’ve never attended a TIFF movie before you really should make a point of seeing at least one each year. If you attend the red carpet screening, the actors come out before the film to introduce the film, sit in the audience to watch the film and then take part in a Q&A following the film. You also watch the film in a very large theatre like Princess of Wales or Roy Thompson Hall. It is a really exciting experience and tickets aren’t as hard to get as you would think.
What are the movies you are most looking forward to seeing from this year’s TIFF? I can’t wait for Foxcatcher (Channing Tatum + Steve Carrell), People’es Choice Award Winner The Imitation Game with Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley, and This Is Where I Leave You with an a-list cast listing a mile long.
Tulle skirts are one of our favourite trends. You’ve probably seen so many beautiful pictures of girls wearing the adorable skirts, but like us, you’ve probably wondered how to make them work for real life on a day-to-day basis. So how do you rock a tulle skirt without looking like you’re about to walk down the aisle? Check out our looks below and we’ve also included a couple of tips!
Have you wore a tulle skirt yet?
We paired this white tulle skirt with a lace pink top and glittery clutch for a more dressed up look. Looking to dress the look down? Pair with a tucked in casual t-shirt. Looking to create a look that is less dainty and more party girl? Opt for the shorter tulle skirt option.
We love this look for a special event or as we inch closer and closer to colder months, we think this look works perfectly for a holiday party! Keep the heel height low to make the look family/work party appropriate, or opt for a sexy pump for a fancy date night or girls night out.