I’m not sure I’ll ever get sick of dress shopping. I had the time of my life picking out my wedding dress and now it’s time for the bridesmaids!
I recently took a trip to David’s Bridal with one of my bridesmaids to try on some dresses and I’m so excited about all of the beautiful options. They really are a one stop shop for so many great bridal party goodies. I always knew they had great dress options, but I was going crazy for the bridesmaid gift options and bachelorette party goodies.
My vision for the bridesmaid dresses for my wedding is pink (naturally), long and flowy. I love the romantic feel of flowy fabric and tulle. I’m also having a hard time deciding to do everyone in the same dresses or mix it up with same colour, but different strap details. What do you guys think? Are you into the classic look of everyone matching, or are you liking the new trend of mixing the styles up?
Check out all of the dress options below. I’d love to hear what your favourite pick is!
This first option was our personal favourite. I love everything about it – the sweetheart neck, beautiful romantic tulle and knot detail at the top. It’s super flattering. Also, how beautiful is my bridesmaid Natalia?!
Next up, we have this sequin top option. I like the subtle sparkle of the and the tulle overlay. It makes it a softer look, while still being fun and different.
Another one of my top favs was this dress below. It hugs the waist and the little diamond detail on the top is really pretty. I like the grecian vibe of this one.
I actually have a dress that’s really similar to this next option and I wear it all the time! I love the off shoulder ruffle detail. This one might be a little too casual for the overall look I’m going for, but it certainly is pretty!
These next two options both have lace tops and I love this look. I’m a sucker for lace. I like the strapless dress with the sexy slit the best out of the two. What do you think?
Another contender! I love the detail on the neck and I feel like this style would look good on any body shape.
The photos don’t do this one enough justice. The skirt on this one is beautiful! It’s a shiny satin material and I love the pockets! This dress is really comfortable to wear.
I love a good ruffle! How cute is this final option? The top is really flattering and I love the fun vibe it gives off. It makes me want to dance and twirl the night away!
And there you have it. Which option is your favourite? I’d love to hear your thoughts. It’s going to be a really difficult decision and I could use all the help I can get!
Thanks to David’s Bridal for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Picnicking is definitely one of my fav things to do on a beautiful summer day. Why drink and eat in your house when you can spend that time outside surrounded my nature? Our summer in Canada is so damn short, it’s important to soak up every literal second of outdoor time. But, duh! Any true Canadian knows this.
I live pretty close to High Park and it’s one of the best spots in Toronto for a picnic. This picnic basket below is so cute and also has a built-in cooler. It’s a great way to step up your picnic game.
Another key to my picnics this summer has been these new Jacob’s Creek Moscato cans (new to the LCBO this summer and exclusive to Canada!). Yes, you heard me right. Wine in a can is a thing now. The cans just happen to be adorable and Instagram-worthy. They seriously taste delicious, sweet, crisp and refreshing. I can also see these being a staple at my girls nights from now on. Cute for display purposes and yummy – the best of both worlds.
So, what to pack to eat? Cheese, charcuterie and grapes are my go-to. A good, old-fashioned bag of chips doesn’t hurt either.
I’ve been taking picnic food inspiration from the photos below. A perfectly styled cheese board is one of the easiest and most delicious options.
Photos via: 1. The Healthy Hour 2. Hither & Thither 3. Freutcake 4. The Life Styled
Do you have any picnic must-haves? I’d love to hear!
Thanks to Jacob’s Creek for sponsoring this post. All thoughts/opinions are my own.
I always dreamed of having a rooftop terrace, so when we moved into our new place I couldn’t wait to deck it out! Last summer, we bought all of the big stuff – a couch, dining table, bbq and my favourite feature of all; a cement fire bowl. This summer, it was all about the decor and finishing touches and I couldn’t wait to get started!
I partnered up with Home Depot on a rooftop terrace makeover and the results blew me away. The first thing Home Depot recommended was their Veranda Deck Tiles. The tiles ended up being the #1 thing that transformed and elevated the space. Even though it had only been 1 year, our cement blocks were stained and cracking. Once we covered them with the beautiful grey tiles it made the biggest difference. They were really easy to install and I love that they have a 25-year stain and fade resistance limited warranty. They also feel so much nicer when I’m up there in bare feet.
Some of my other top priorities were plants/planters, flowers and lights. The terrace gets a lot of sun, so I had to pick flowers and trees that are low maintenance and can handle the sun. I went with a mix of petunias, mint, lavender, cedars and palms. I hung two strings of Edison bulbs across the fence and they look amazing at night. I went with a mix of black and white planters to stick with the neutral colour tones.
Check out the before/after shots below!
I’m so excited about the transformation. We love to host our friends for bbq’s and nights by the fire roasting s’mores, so it was really important to me to have a space that was comfortable and functional. We also added an umbrella so that we could spend more time up there during the day without roasting in the sun.
The black planters and most of the plants are also from Home Depot. I also found this adorable circular ottoman for outdoor use. It works as a side table or an extra seat when we need it. I love that it’s multi-functional. I also added this cute white lantern.
SHOP THE POST:
Thanks to Home Depot for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Guys, my beach bag has never been this amazingly stocked before. Seriously, these products are making me EVEN MORE excited for Summer (which I didn’t think was possible). I’ve partnered up with Shoppers Drug Mart to bring you the best of the best when it comes to summer skincare. The best part? I get to give one lucky reader a $100 beautyBOUTIQUE by Shoppers Drug Mart gift card so you can discover your own summer skincare favs!
I know as Canadians we can’t wait to get outside and bask in the sun all day because our summers are SO short, but it’s bad for your skin. It’s therefore super important to make sure you use high quality products to keep you protected. You’re older self will thank you. Sun spots and wrinkles are the REAL deal people! And when you reach 30 it’s something you learn pretty quickly. I cringe at all of the unprotected tanning I did as a teen and all of the burns I ended up with. I’m sure many of you can relate.
Check out all of the details on these incredible products below and be sure to follow along on social media so you don’t miss out on the contest!
1. Exclusive to Shoppers Drug Mart, these Clinique Mineral Sunscreens are my new favs! There’s a lotion for face with SPF 50 and one for body with SPF 30. I love having a stronger SPF for my face and a little lower on my body so I still get a little colour. I also love that they literally have no smell. If you’re not a fan of the sunscreen scent these are definitely for you. They also feel nice and lightweight on the skin.
2. Next up is the La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral Ultra Fluid Lotion SPF 60 for Face. The key for this one is the matte finish. There’s nothing worse than that greasy feeling after applying sunscreen to your face, which normally results in a breakout. I love that this sunscreen feels like you have nothing on when you apply it. It makes for a great makeup base!
3. This Shiseido WetForce BB SPF 50+ for Face is a complete game changer. It’s the product I always wish existed and now it does. It’s a tinted BB cream with SPF 50 so you’re fully protected from the sun and your skin can look flawless all at the same time! I hate having to apply foundation over my sunscreen so this kills two birds with one stone. It’s long-lasting and lightweight and available in 3 shades. It also features WetForce Technology and the UV protection veil becomes more effective when the applied area is exposed to water or perspiration for 30 minutes. It’s recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation for active use, non-comedogenic and will not lead to breakouts from clogged pores.
4. St Tropez One Night Only Wash Off Face & Body Lotion is my personal fav. I have a bit of a self-tanner obsession so I was super excited to try this one out. It gives a streak-free face and body natural tan that lasts for up to 24 hours, with no transfer. It also washes off with soap and water so if you like the tan without the commitment this one is for you. It’s available in light/medium or medium/dark. You can also purchase the St. Tropez Prep & Maintain Tan Applicator Mitt to make sure your application is even and streak-free every time.
5. I’ve been on a real primer kick lately so I could not wait to try this new Smashbox Photo Finish Radiance Foundation Primer. The moisturizing primer cream gives you an instant magic-hour glow. It illuminates, perfects and enhances radiance while hydrating for better makeup application. The best part is the micro-fine amber and bronze pearls that create a warm, dewy glow.
6. I can’t get over how much I love this new Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil. Pretty much all of the lip products I use are pink, but this one stole my heart. It is a pure plant oil formula—with a blend of mirabelle plum, jojoba and hazelnut oils— that instantly soothes and nourishes lips while forming a protective layer of transparent colour to help lock in moisture for deep hydration. The shade pictured is Shade 07 Honey Glam that provides a shimmering result. When I think of a summer lip gloss this is exactly what I imagine. It’s perfection.
All of these products are available at Shoppers Drug Mart and beautyboutique.ca.
Thanks to Shoppers Drug Mart for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.