Taking you into the last long weekend of the summer (single tear), we think it would be the perfect time to throw a little girls night celebration and of course cocktails are the main priority of any good ladies night. Instead of having everyone BYOB, why not create a couple of different options for everyone to enjoy?
We’ve put together two really easy cocktail recipes featuring our new favourite Skinnygirl products. Trust us, if we can do you you can do it. One option is for the fresh lovers and the other option is for the fruity lovers.
Check out our recipes below.
Cucumber Refresher Recipe:
1 1/2 oz Skinnygirl™ Cucumber Vodka
3 lime wedges
3 oz soda water
1/2 tsp. agave nectar
1 cucumber garnish
Squeeze lime wedges into glass. Muddle lime and vodka. Add ice. Top with soda water. Add agave nectar and stir. Use potato peeler to create cucumber garnish.
Pink Lemonade Sparkling Margarita:
Pink Lemonade Sparkling Margarita Recipe:
Skinnygirl™ Sparkling Margarita
Muddle together lime and mint leaves. Mix in pink lemonade with Skinnygirl™ Sparkling Margarita. Shake with ice. Pour into glass rimmed with sugar. Garnish with pink flower petals.
We’re also so excited to give away this adorable Skinnygirl prize pack below to one lucky winner! It includes basically everything you could ever need to throw the perfect cocktail party. To enter, simply click on this post and leave a comment letting us know which cocktail you’d like to try the most: Fresh Cucumber or Pink Margarita!
(Must be 19 years of age to enter). Contest closes Thursday, September 4th.
This jam-packed prize pack includes: 1 Bottle of Skinnygirl Sparkling Margarita, 1 Bottle of Skinnygirl Cucumber Vodka, 1 White basket, 1 Bamboo cutting board, 1 Pink & green striped table runner, 4 green placemats, 2 Margarita glasses, 4 Jar glasses, 1 Medium pink bowl, 1 Small pink bowl, 1 Pack of floral dinner napkins, 1 Pack of green cocktail napkins, 1 Pack of green striped straws, 2 Scented candles with floral design, 1 Package of 9 square green candles, 1 Pink flower shaped ice tray, 1 Pink candle holder dish, 1 Bottle of sweet pea soap.
The Emmy’s aired last night and one of the biggest red carpet stand outs for us was definitely Sarah Hyland. She killed it on the pre-Emmy red carpet with an amazing fishtail braid and made one of the biggest statements on the Emmy red carpet in a coral Christian Siriano dress. We’ve broken down her beauty looks below and outlined which products to use to achieve her looks.
Let us know which look is your favourite!
1. The Brows: Create a defined brow using a brow kit. This Urban Decay set helps you easily create the perfect brow.
2. The Lips: Use a neutral lipstick with hints of brown and pink. We like this pick from to Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. Using a lip brush is key to creating the plump pout.
3. The Lashes: Our new favourite mascara is the new Lancome Grandiose. It does not disappoint and makes getting every lash easy with the unique brush design.
4. The Cheeks: Contour like a pro with this NARS set. Sarah may have gone a little too heavy on the cheek contouring, but we love to use a little contouring to create a slimming effect and define cheekbones.
5. The Eyes: Create a smoky eye with some hints of colour. We like this Guerlain set which has shades of purple, green, silver and grey.
6. The Braid: Learn how to master the fishtail braid with THIS super easy tutorial.
Emmy Night Look:
1. The Hair: Use a handy bun maker to create the perfect bun every time.
2. The Lips: Try a brown lipstick with just a hint of pink or purple. We love this YSL shade in Taupe Mauve.
3. The Brows: The key to this look is all in the brows. This Annabelle eyebrow pencil is our go-to brow definer.
4. The Lashes: Try a fake lash that has a wing effect, like this option from Urban Decay.
5. The Eyes: Play around with a brown smokey eye palette to create a the sultry eye effect. This Urban Decay palette has a great variety of shades.
The autumn season is upon us, and although we don’t want to say goodbye to another summer, we can’t help but get excited for a new season of fall leopard finds!
This season’s line up does not disappoint. Stores are packed with adorable leopard basics and stand out pieces. When you invest in leopard it really opens up possibilities in your wardrobe. Although it’s a pattern, leopard acts as a neutral because it pairs so nicely with so many different colours, basics, or patterns.
We’ve picked out our favourite selects and hope you also enjoy sifting through them. Let us know your favourites and if you’ve already invested in some leopard this season.
Today marks the beginning of August, and it’s now officially time to start squeezing every last moment out of what’s left of this summer. One of our favourite things about summer is all of the incredible dessert options there are for entertaining this time of the year. We’ve picked out favourite cute dessert ideas that have our mouths watering just looking at the pictures!
Check out the details for each:
It’s no secret that wine and a good book go hand-in-hand. Whether you indulge on your own or with a group of book club members, it’s one of the best ways to relax and unwind in the summer.
Our friends at Clos du Bois have curated an amazing book list to help guide us all through the dog days of summer. From Best Beach Read to Best Foodie Fiction, the list captures all of the categories we love most.
Looking for the perfect wine to serve at your book club? Clos du Bois’ Cabernet Sauvignon is one of our favourite picks with its aromas of cassis and plum with vanilla and mocha notes; ripe black fruit flavours with vanilla spice to finish.
Without further ado…